What is AsciiBinder?
AsciiBinder is a documentation system for people who have a lot of docs to maintain and republish on a regular basis. AsciiBinder was specifically developed to solve two problems at once:
- Make it easier for developers and community members to contribute documentation.
- Make it easier for content managers to build and publish several variants of the same documentation.
AsciiBinder isn't for blogging.
If you are looking for a great tool for blogging where your articles are sourced in AsciiDoc, this isn't it. Seriously, go check out Awestruct, which is awesome for that.
AsciiBinder is for documenting versioned, interrelated projects.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a way to:
- Source your docs in AsciiDoc
- Manage doc changes and doc versions with git
- Have the ability to conditionalize topics and produce different distributions of the docs based on those conditions
...then by jove, you've come to the right place.